Almond Squares with blueberry compote is one of my favorite indulgences. I love to celebrate the moment with this heavenly smooth and vibrant vegan dessert.
Whole food caries the energy of Mother Nature. When approached consciously, it is a wonderful gift for feeling satisfied and well-nourished. Finding a balanced relationship with food is important.
I’m craving sweets lately. Today I made these almond/agar treats with blueberry compote and I want to share my recipe with you.
👩🏼🍳 THINGS I USED TO MAKE IT HAPPEN
These links will take you to a different website (like Amazon, etc.). If you purchase things you love using these links, I may receive a tiny commission that helps me to keep this project going at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting the Positive Pranic project.
- 1 cup almonds (raw, blanched*)
- 2 tbsp agar-agar powder
- 8 Medjool dates (soaked)
- 1/4 tsp cardamom seeds (freshly ground )
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbsp water
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp Heaven on Earth spice mix (optional)
- De-seed and soak Medjool dates in 1 cup of filtered water for about 30 min.
- Transfer Medjool dates with soaking water into a high-speed blender; combine with blanched almonds*, a pinch of salt, cardamom seeds, and 1/2 cup of water. Blend until smooth and well-whipped.
- Into a saucepan, combine Agar Agar powder with 1 cup of cold filtered water. Bring it to a boil while stirring constantly. Keep it going on medium-low heat for about 5 min or until Agar Agar is completely dissolved. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Add almond/date mixture to the saucepan with hot Agar Agar mixture. Combine well. Pour into a rectangular or square glass container*** (or silicone mold). The layer should be about 1 inch thick. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator, flip the dish onto a cutting board. Cut into square pieces. Now almond squares are ready to be garnished and served or stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Topping – Blueberry Compote
- Add 1 tbsp of water and blueberries to a saucepan. Heat up while stirring frequently. Once berries start to break down, reduce heat add Heaven on Earth spice mix, cover with a lid. Let it simmer for 8-10 min. Add the maple syrup in the end and mix well. Transfer to a jar and let cool in the fridge.Can be stored in an airtight jar for up to 3 days.
- Place each square on an individual serving plate, pour blueberry compote over.
- Optional: You can sprinkle it with roasted slivered almonds for crunch or add some mint lives.
- Using mesh strainer, rinse thoroughly under running water.
- Place almonds into a glass or ceramic bowl and add lukewarm water with a pinch of salt. (the water level should be slightly more than double the height of the ingredients in the bowl.)
- Place a cotton towel over the bowl;
- Soak overnight (12 hours);
- Drain off soaking liquid and rinse thoroughly with fresh water;
- Remove almonds’ skin;
- Place almonds in a heatproof bowl.
- Pour 1½ cups of boiling water over the almonds.
- Keep almonds under hot water for 7 seconds.
- Drain immediately (after 7 seconds) and rinse.
What about you?
Did you try this recipe? If yes, let me know how it went! Leave a comment below and share a picture of your dessert on Instagram with the hashtag @positivepranic #positivepranic, so I can see your beautiful creation 🙂 or join the Positive Pranic Facebook group and share your pictures and experiences there 🙏
Be Alive 🌱,
❤ Love, Julia