Heaven on Earth is my favorite spice mix for baking, desserts, and everything sweet. I use this spice mix daily in one form or another. I love to add this blend to my almond milk, teas, sprinkle on the top of other hot and cold drinks, and add to smoothies and morning oatmeal. This spice mix is perfect for baking cakes, cookies, muffins, and pies (about 1 tsp per 2 cups of flour).
With its warm aroma, this spice mix makes me feel soft and fuzzy, cozy. The aroma of this spice ties me deep with some of my sweetest childhood memories. Sometimes I found myself opening the spice jar just to have a wif of the heavenly goodness that awakes this little giggling bundle of joy inside of me 😁.
This spice mix can be made Raw or Toasted. The raw blend is usually used at the beginning of the cooking process, while roasted can be added towards the end (5-10 min) or even sprinkled right on the top of the dish.
Check out prep instructions for both methods in the recipe below.
👩🏼🍳 THINGS I USED TO MAKE IT HAPPEN
These links will take you to a different website (like Amazon, etc.). If you purchase things you love using these links, I may receive a tiny commission that helps me to keep this project going at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting the Positive Pranic project.
Dry Roast Method*
- Using a skillet, dry toast fennel, coriander, and cardamom seeds separately (one at a time) on medium-low heat until fragrant, but don't let them brown.
- Transfer spices into a bowl immediately because even if you turn off the heat, they will continue cooking on a hot pan and might burn. While seeds are still hot, mix in cinnamon and mace. Set aside to cool a bit.
- Add rose petals transfer the mix to a coffee grinder** and grind to a fine powder.
- Place in an airtight spice jar and store in a cool, dark, dry place***.
- Mix all ingredients in the bowl, transfer the mixture into the electric grinder or spice mill and grind to a fine powder.
- Store in an airtight jar in a dark place***.
Because this spice mix is already “precooked,” it can be used for sprinkling on the top of the dish. *I have a burr coffee grinder dedicated to spices only; if you have only one coffee grinder just be sure that it is clean and free of coffee particles. ***All spices are at their best when freshly made. It is better if consumed within a couple of months as it will lose its potency with time. ****Raw spice mix is usually added at the beginning of cooking.
What about you?
Have you tried this spice mix yet? Let me know how you like it in the comments below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag @positivepranic #positivepranic so that I can see your beautiful creation 🙂 🙏
Be Alive 🌱,
❤ Love, Julia