Pure nut butter is so easy and quick to make at home so I don’t see any reason why to buy it at the store. Moreover, generic kinds of nut butter contain added sugar and other unwanted ingredients.
Besides these obvious reasons, there is another one why I prefer to make nut butter myself – I can control its flavor. In general, the more roasted the nuts are, the more distinct the flavor is that they give out. So, If I want my nut butter to be mild in flavor I use raw or slightly roasted nuts to make it. If I’m going for distinct peanut, hazelnut (or any other nut) flavor, I would go for a deeper roast.
watch me do it
I prefer to use raw nut butter as one of the base ingredients for my home-made granola. Otherwise, you can roast nuts of your choice in the oven at 360F (180C) from 7 to 15 mins. Roasting time depends on the type of oven and kind of roast desired. Or to speed things up you can skip roasting all together by buying organic unsalted roasted nuts.
To make the nut butter you will need a food processor or blender. The recipe below describes how to make peanut butter, but you can try making it with cashews, hazelnuts, pistachios, or create your personal blend by mixing a variety of nuts at once.
Do not add any water during the blending process. As all nuts are mostly oil, and oil and water do not mix, it will make your butter less smooth. The heat from the blender (or food processor) will soften nuts, helping them melt.
👩🏼🍳 THINGS I USED TO MAKE IT HAPPEN
These links will take you to a different website (like Amazon, etc.). If you purchase things you love using these links, I may receive a tiny commission that helps me to keep this project going at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting the Positive Pranic project.
- 2 cups peanuts (roasted )
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt (optional)
- Transfer roasted peanuts into a food processor. Add salt (optional). Blend. Depending on the food processor it can take from 5 to 20 minutes. If you have a high-power food processor like I do, no stopping or scraping sides will be needed. But if you have a regular food processor, you might need to stop and scrape the sides as needed. Be patient and continue until your butter has a silky smooth, creamy consistency,
- Transfer your butter to an airtight jar.
- Chop a handful of peanuts and place on top of the butter. Enjoy!
- Do not add any water during the blending process. As all nuts are mostly oil, and oil and water do not mix, it will make your butter less smooth. The heat from the blender (or food processor) will soften nuts, helping them melt.
- If you are using a regular blender or food processor, I would recommend warming up your peanuts slightly right before blending. It will speed up the process.
What about you?
Have you ever tried to make a nut butter before?
What kind of nuts is your favorite?
Did you try to follow this recipe?
Let me know how it went in the comments below and share a picture of your nut butter on Instagram with the hashtag #positivepranic so that I can see your beautiful creation 🙂 🙏
❤ Love, Julia
more recipes from this episode
hungry for more?
Here is more Jam and Jelly recipes. Indulge 🙂
One thought on “How to Make Nut Butter – Homemade Peanut Butter Recipe”
Tried it twice already, best peanut butter ever! 👍👍👏👏😋😋🙂