My favorite natural cold and flu remedy that works for me every time. Immune Boosting Everhealing Elixir is a tasty herbal remedy I use when I catch a cold or come down with the flu.
Supported by daily yoga practices, my body became much more resilient. But once in a while, those little flue bugs get to you, you know 😊. For those rare occasions, I have my all-time favorite remedy up my sleeve – Everhealing Elixir that is. In addition to being delicious, this healthful remedy has strong antiviral and antibacterial properties and is supportive of the immune system.
It is very delicious and soothing, so be sure to not overdose! 2-3 times a day – all you need. Please watch to the end to see how to assemble the drink correctly.
see me make it
Everhealing Elixir is my family remedy, we all use it when the cold and flu season strikes. You don’t have to wait until you fall sick, you can support yourself and your loved ones with this beautiful healing drink.
When I wake up and feel a bit under the weather, usually I fix myself this Elixir. I have been using it for years. It’s gotten me through a lot of tough times and it supported me through my chemo days, and thereafter.
I want to share this Evehelaing remedy with you. Hopefully, you’re going to try it and it will work for you as well as it did for me.❤
Meet Your Flu Remedy – Everhealing Anatomy
Often lemons are misunderstood because mostly the flesh of the fruit is consumed in the form of juice. Even though lemon juice contains a large amount of Vitamin C and is quite powerful when it comes to defense against the common cold and flu, all other parts of the lemon are even more potent.
Lemon skin contains limonene known for its powerful anti-inflammatory (2) and antioxidant benefits (3). Limonene associates with cancer prevention (1), and also has a high concentration of Vitamin C which helps boost the immune system. Lemon seeds may assist with detoxification of the digestive system. They also contain salicylic acid which provides some pain relief.
To receive the most benefits from this golden fruit we will use every single part of it.
Ginger contains a bioactive compound called Gingerol that is mainly responsible for its healing properties. Gingerol has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties (4) which translates in the ability to soothe your sore throat, reduce muscle pain (5) and fortify your body to withstand illness by boosting the immune system. Antimicrobial properties of gingerol give your body power against bacterial infections (6).
Coriander is rich in immune-boosting antioxidants (like quercetin, tocopherols, terpinene). Those potent compounds reduce inflammation, slowing down abnormal cell growth and have neuroprotective effects. (7) (8).
Allspice has potent antibacterial and antifungal properties along with pain-relieving abilities which are due to the presence of eugenol. Allspice berries contain quercetin which is a powerful flavonoid and ericifolin (a polyphenol) with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Gallic acid is a phenolic acid with antiviral and anti-cancer properties.
Cardamom has antibacterial, antifungal properties along with anti-inflammatory effects.
Cloves contain a substantial amount of eugenol along with vitamin C, both are powerful antioxidants that support your body in neutralizing free radicals and boosting your immune system. (9). Cloves display antimicrobial properties, meaning they can prevent the growth of various microorganisms like bacterias. (10).
Nutmeg contains an array of antioxidants (cyanidins, phenylpropanoids, terpenes) and phenolic compounds (caffeic acids, protocatechuic, ferulic). (11). It also displays antibacterial effects against strains of harmful bacteria.
!!!This elixir is not a cure but is a support for the immune system our body needs. If you exhibit any serious flu symptoms, please seek medical help!!!
Things I used to make it happen
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/3 cup plant-based milk
- black pepper
- Peel and chop the ginger.
- Combine ginger with 6 cups of water in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a pot and cover it with a lid. Bring it to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 20 min.
- Incorporate the coriander, cardamom, allspice, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and continue to simmer for another 20 min.
- In the meantime chop 3 whole lemons into medium size pieces. Combine with 1 cup of water in a blender (including seeds and skin) and blend until smooth.
- After 20 min. is up turn the heat off, and incorporate the lemon mixture.
- Let it steep for 1 to 2 hours, or until it cools.
- Strain the mixture through the metal strainer using a silicon spatula (or large spoon). For a smoother consistency, you can strain it a second time through a cotton bag (if not available, you can use a clean cotton towel). At this point, your elixir concentrate is ready. You can store it in a fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Assembling the Elixer
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/3 cup of water and 1/3 cup of plant-based milk** (I used cashew milk). Bring the mixture to a boiling point and set aside.
- Add 1-2 tsp of honey into a cup. Pour 1/3 cup of the elixir concentrate, and your water/milk mixture. Finish it with a little bit of ground black pepper for proper digestion. Mix well and enjoy it***.
Things I used to make it happen
What about you?
If you have any questions, drop me a line or two below.
I hope this drink stays in your family because it worked wonders for me, and I hope it will do the same for you.
Stay well my friends and share a picture of your elixir on Instagram with the hashtag #positivepranic 🙂 🙏Let’s spread the wellbeing around.
❤ Love, Julia