Zesty and delicious this Black Misson Fig jam is one of the staple items in my fridge. This jam is very versatile. I use it as a regular jam and for glazing vegetables and fruits before or after baking. You can make Black Mission Fig jam as spicy as you want to 🙂
- 2 cups figs (soaked*)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- fig soaking water
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (can add more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Remove figs from the water and chop them into pieces for easy blending. Keep the fig soaking water aside.
- Add figs into a blender (regular or immersion blender will work) with sea salt, lemon juice, nutmeg, cardamom, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and 2 tablespoons of fig soaking water**
- Blend until desired consistency is reached.
- Store in the refrigerator for several weeks***
What about you?
Have you ever tried to make a raw jam before?
Did you try any of these recipes?
Let me know how it went in the comments below and share a picture of your jam on Instagram with the hashtag #positivepranic so that I can see your beautiful creation 🙂 🙏
❤ Love, Julia
hungry for more?
Here is more Jam and Jelly recipes. Indulge 🙂