Easy crispy baked tofu recipe. Made with only 3 ingredients + spices this plant-based snack has the perfect texture and tastes divine.
Crispy on the outside, soft and tender inside this baked tofu is a quick protein-rich treat that can be enjoyed on its own; it makes a great starter or a side dish or can be added to salads. I often use it to garnish my soups as well.
- 1 block extra firm tofu (organic)
- 1/2 cup casava flower
- 2 tbsp filtered cocomnut oil
- Drain the tofu and cut it lengthwise into 4 equal parts. Remove as much liquid as possible. Use your hands to push tofu on a paper or cotton towel gently, and then cut it into bite-size pieces.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Place cassava flour in a bowl and mix in the salt and spice mix.
- Drizzle tofu cubes with oil. Coat the tofu with a spiced flour mixture by tossing it gently, ensuring that every piece is evenly covered.
- Transfer tofu to a lined-with-parchment-paper baking sheet allowing some space between pieces for even toasting.
- Bake for 15 min. and then flip the pieces over and bake for an additional 25 min.
What about you?
Did you try this recipe? Let me know how it went in the comments below and share a picture of your crispy baked tofu bites on Instagram with the hashtag @positivepranic #positivepranic so that I can see your beautiful creation 🙂 🙏
Be Alive 🌱,
❤ Love, Julia