Sattvic Farro risotto with beets. This healthy farro risotto nourishes my body and worms up my soul. This farro risotto is perfect for cozy fall and winter nights.
watch me make it in this video
Things I used to make it happen
- 1 cup farro (soaked overnight)
- 2 beet (small, with the greens)
- 2 carrots (medium, 1 cup chopped)
- 3 celery (sticks, 1 cup chopped)
- 1-3/4 cups water (filtered)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil *** (refined / triple filtered)
- 1 tbsp Universal Sattvic spice mix
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt (or sea salt)
- Chop celery sticks and red beetroot stems into small cubes.
- Put a deep skillet, or a pot on medium heat, add coconut oil and Universal Sattvic spice mix. Warm up the spices. Transfer chopped celery and beet stems into a skillet, mix well, cover with a lid.
- Peel carrots and shred them in a large size shredder. Combine with other vegetables in a skillet, cover with a lid and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Rinse Farro* one more time and add to the mixture along with salt and pepper. Mix well. Pour hot water, and mix again, bring it to a boil, lower the heat, cover with a lid.
- Peel the beetroot, chop into small square pieces. Finely chop beetroot greens as well.
- Add lemon juice to the skillet, followed by beets, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add beet greens and simmer for about 5 minutes.
What about you?
Did you try this recipe?
I love hearing from you. Let me know how it went in the comments below and share a picture of your farro risotto on Instagram with the hashtag #positivepranic so that I can see your beautiful creation 🙂 🙏
❤ Love, Julia