Sattvic Farro risotto with beets. This healthy farro risotto nourishes my body and worms up my soul. This farro risotto is perfect for cozy fall and winter nights.
watch me make it in this video
👩🏼🍳 THINGS I USED TO MAKE IT HAPPEN
These links will take you to a different website (like Amazon, etc.). If you purchase things you love using these links, I may receive a tiny commission that helps me to keep this project going at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting the Positive Pranic project.
Total Calories: 202kcal
- 1 cup farro (soaked overnight)
- 2 beet (small, with the greens)
- 2 carrots (medium, 1 cup chopped)
- 3 celery (sticks, 1 cup chopped)
- 1¾ cups water (filtered)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil *** (or ghee)
- 1 tbsp Universal Sattvic spice mix
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt (or sea salt)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (freshly ground)
- Chop celery sticks and red beetroot stems into small cubes.
- Put a deep skillet, or a pot on medium heat, add coconut oil and Universal Sattvic spice mix. Warm up the spices. Transfer chopped celery and beet stems into a skillet, mix well, cover with a lid.
- Peel carrots and shred them in a large size shredder. Combine with other vegetables in a skillet, cover with a lid and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Rinse Farro* one more time and add to the mixture along with salt and pepper. Mix well. Pour hot water, and mix again, bring it to a boil, lower the heat, cover with a lid.
- Peel the beetroot, chop it into small square pieces. Finely chop beetroot greens as well.
- Add beets to the skillet and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add beet greens and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Tern of the heat; add lemon juice, mix well and serve.
Farro should be soaked overnight (or at least for 6 hours).
Rinse 1 cup of farro, place in a bowl. Fill the bowl with 3 cups of lukewarm water, add a pinch of sea salt, cover with a cotton towel, and set to soak overnight. In the morning strain farro through a mesh sieve. Place the sieve over a bowl, cover with a cotton towel, and go about your day.
Your farro is ready when you are.
**Soaking time is not included in overall cooking time (6-12 hours / overnight)
***You can replace oil with aquafaba
Total Calories: 202kcal
Tried this recipe?Mention @positivepranic or tag #positivepranic!
What about you?
Did you try this recipe?
I love hearing from you. Let me know how it went in the comments below and share a picture of your farro risotto on Instagram with the hashtag #positivepranic so that I can see your beautiful creation 🙂 🙏
❤ Love, Julia