One-pan vegan farro meal is deliciously satisfying and wholesomely nursing.
watch me make it in this video
Things I used to make it happen
- 1 cup farro (soaked; pearled or semi-pearled)
- 2 carrots (large, orange and yellow)
- 2 baby bok choy
- 120 gr french green beans (a handful)
- 1 tbsp Basic Savory Sattvic Spice mix
- Separate green parts of bok choy and the white stocks. Cut the green parts into small thin pieces and set aside. Chop the bok choy stocks into small pieces.
- Put a deep skillet, or a pot on medium heat, add coconut oil and Basic Savory Sattvic Spice mix. Warm up the spices. Transfer chopped bok choy into a skillet, mix well, cover with a lid and let it simmer.
- In the meantime, chop carrots into small cubes and combine them with bok choy in the skillet. Cover with the lid.
- Rinse Farro* one more time and add to the mixture along with salt and pepper. Mix well. Pour hot (boiling) water, and mix again, bring it to a boil, lower the heat, cover with a lid. Cook it for about 20 min. All the liquid in the skillet should be almost completely absorbed, and farro is tender.
- While farro is cooking, rinse the green beans, cut the ends, and chop them into one-inch pieces. When the farro is almost done (about 20 min), add green beans along with bok choy greens into a skillet, mix well, cover with a lid, and let it cook for five more minutes on low heat.
- Transfer into a deep serving bowl. Enjoy it right away. Store leftovers in the fridge. Reheat before eating.
What about you?
Did you try this recipe?
I love hearing from you. Let me know how it went in the comments below and share a picture of your farro risotto on Instagram with the hashtag #positivepranic so that I can see your beautiful creation 🙂 🙏
❤ Love, Julia