This baked sweet potato dish is juicy, fresh, and well-loved in my house. Usually, I make it with at least two kinds of sweet potatoes. My favorite types of sweet potatoes for this dish are Jewel sweet potato and Hanna sweet potato variety, complemented by sweet apple.
see me make it in this video
Hannah sweet potatoes are slightly sweet; they are white and have a relatively dense texture similar in consistency to a regular potato. Jewel sweet potato is what you think of when you feel sweet potato. It is sweet, creamy, with a slight chestnutty flavor.
I love to spice it up with cinnamon, nutmeg, triple filtered coconut oil, black pepper, and Himalayan salt.
Keep apples aside and add oil and spices to the thinly sliced sweet potatoes. Be gentle but Mix well, ensuring every sliced is well coated.
Arrange sweet potatoes in an alternating pattern in the casserole dish and distribute apples evenly.
When the time is up, remove the lid, add crushed pecans, and bake for 15 more minutes; serve with love❤️ share the joy 😃
Into the preheated 425 degrees oven for 45 min.
👩🏼🍳 THINGS I USED TO MAKE IT HAPPEN
These links will take you to a different website (like Amazon, etc.). If you purchase things you love using these links, I may receive a tiny commission that helps me to keep this project going at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting the Positive Pranic project.
- After washing and peeling sweet potatoes, thinly slice them using a mandoline slicer or knife.
- Decore an apple and thinly slice it using a mandoline slicer or knife. set aside
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon, nutmeg, triple filtered (processed) coconut oil, black pepper, and Himalayan salt.
- In a large bowl, combine sliced sweet potatoes with your oil/spice mixture. Be gentle but Mix well, ensuring every sliced is well coated.
- Arrange sweet potatoes in an alternating pattern in the casserole dish and distribute apples evenly.
- When the time is up, remove the lid and bake for 5 more min. Then sprinkle pecans on the top. Bake for an additional 10 min. Serve right away
What about you?
Have you ever tried to bake several kinds of sweet potatoes together? What was your experience? Did you try this recipe? If yes, let me know how it went! Leave a comment below and share a picture of your sweet potatoes on Instagram with the hashtag #positivepranic @positivepranic, so I can see your beautiful creation 🙂 🙏
Be Alive 🌱,
❤ Love, Julia