Nothing fancy over here. Just a super easy healthy sweet potato recipe. Sweet Potatoes are considered highly sattvic, providing you with healthful nutrients, supporting your gut health. and may even help to protect you against certain types of cancer.
Preparing sweet potatoes with a little fat — such as coconut oil, olive oil, or avocado — can help boost the absorption of beta-carotene since it’s a fat-soluble nutrient.
watch me make it in this video
Did you know that sweet potato is not a potato at all? The sweet potato is a tuberous root vegetable that belongs to the morning glory family. While regular potato belongs to the nightshade family.
Some organizations advocate for the name’s styling as one word—sweetpotato—instead of two, to emphasize the plant’s genetic uniqueness from both ordinary potatoes and yams and avoid confusion of it being classified as a type of common potato.
Let’s bake some organic Garnet sweet potatoes.
We will start with scrubbed clean sweet potatoes.
Poke those sweet things just a bit so that the steam can escape during baking.
Delicious doesn’t have to be complicated.
Now to a little oil bath. I like to use triple-filtered coconut oil.
Into a preheated to 425 degrees oven for 45 min. Sometimes it takes a bit longer. Time depends on the size of the sweet potatoes and the type of oven.
These sweet potatoes are soft, sweet, utterly delicious, just like that. Nothing needed (except creamy vegan butter 😉).
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp coconut oil (processed)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Scrub clean your sweet potatoes. Poke the sweet potatoes skins with a fork so that the steam can escape during baking.
- Rub sweet potatoes with coconut oil and wrap them in foil.
- Place sweet potatoes into a preheated to 425 degrees oven for 45 min; sometimes it takes a bit longer. Time depends on the size of the sweet potatoes and the type of oven
- Serve right away. I love to serve mine with homemade vegan butter
What about you?
Have you ever tried to bake several kinds of sweet potatoes together? What was your experience? Did you try this recipe? If yes, let me know how it went! Leave a comment below and share a picture of your sweet potatoes on Instagram with the hashtag #positivepranic @positivepranic, so I can see your beautiful creation 🙂 🙏
Be Alive 🌱,
❤ Love, Julia