This easy and comforting hot apple cider drink is a perfect beverage to enjoy in the fall and winter months. Spiced just right with cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and allspice, it warms your soul and comforts your body.
watch me make it in this video
I love to add two types of cinnamon to the mix cinnamon sticks and cinnamon powder for the extra cinnamony fragrance and taste.
When it comes to the orange and apple peels, please ensure your fruits are organic.
- 1.6 Qt unfiltered apple juice (100% pure)
- 1 orange peel (organic)
- 1 organic apple peel (optional)
- Crush nutmeg. Peel one organic apple and orange. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Bring it to a boil and let it simmer on low heat under the lid for about 20 min.
- Remove from heat and let it steep for 15-20 min.
- Serve warm in the winter or cool in the summer. Strain your drink into glasses garnish each glass with a cinnamon stick.
- Store in an air-tight jar or a bottle in the fridge for up to a week.
What about you?
Have you ever tried to make hot apple cider? Let me know how it went! Leave a comment below and share a picture of your hot apple cider on Instagram with the hashtag @positivepranic #positivepranic , so I can see your beautiful creation 🙂 🙏
Be Alive 🌱,
❤ Love, Julia