Making healthy raw mustard that is suitable for a yogic lifestyle is a quick and easy task. This Raw Satttvic mustard recipe features only positive pranic ingredients. After all, it is possible to make delicious and spicy mustard without using vinegar, oil, sugar, garlic, and other unwanted ingredients.
Because vinegar is not considered to be positive pranic it is nearly impossible to find mustard suitable for a Sattvic diet in a store. Thankfully mustard is quick to make and requires only a few ingredients, and 5 minutes of your time.
watch me do it
Along with adding flavor and spice to a food mustard is known for its health benefits. Mustard is a cruciferous vegetable, belongs to the same family that cabbage, cauliflower, and broccoli does. By combining any of cruciferous vegetables with turmeric you can further the benefits.
👩🏼🍳 THINGS I USED TO MAKE IT HAPPEN
These links will take you to a different website (like Amazon, etc.). If you purchase things you love using these links, I may receive a tiny commission that helps me to keep this project going at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting the Positive Pranic project.
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup black mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 3/4 cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- Combine mustard seeds, water, and lemon juice in a glass or ceramic bowl. Soak overnight.
- Place in a blender your mustard mixture, sea salt, turmeric, and maple syrup (optional) and blend until desired consistency is reached. I like my mustard quite corse, so I don't blend much. The longer you blend, the smoother it gets.
- Store in an air-tight jar in a fridge for several weeks.
What about you?
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know how it went in the comments below and share a picture of your mustered on Instagram with the hashtag #positivepranic so that I can see your beautiful creation 🙂 🙏
❤ Love, Julia