This Wholesome Granolais inspired by everything fall is for me. Warm, nourishing spices, a taste of ripe apples, and crunchy walnuts sweetened by dates and raisins are so comforting to me.
WATCH ME MAKE IT
I always start making my granola with soaking dates in warm water for about 20 minutes. Then I take care of my dry ingredients. I am chopping dry fruits into small pieces.
I love to use prunes for this recipe; the taste reminds me of my home-land, and they help me stay regular (if you know what I mean). If regularity is not your issue, you can replace them with dry apricots. Just be sure they are sulfur-free, and the same goes for dry apples. Brake the walnuts apart. I got these awesome dry persimmon. Because they are quite brittle, I will add them to the mix after it’s out of the oven.
Now to allspice, I will use cinnamon and a pinch of Himalayan salt as well.
Combine soaked dates and tahini in a food processor. I use my homemade tahini; you can check out the way I tahini it in this video. Make it yourself or use your favorite brand.
Check the consistency of your mixture. It should be creamy but not too thick. Add dates soaking water as needed.
Add all dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well with a lot of love. Now incorporate the tahini/date mixture. Give it a loving hand, and be sure that every little particle is coated.
I’m placing granola in the oven for 45 minutes and will mix it every 15 minutes for an even roast. Once ready, take it out from the oven and set to cool.
I love my granola with warm homemade cashew milk. I make fresh plant-based milk every 4 days. You can see the way I make my cashew milk in this video.
I’m using my late maker to warm up the milk. You can use a stove for this matter.
My favorite way to enjoy it is with fruits and homemade yogurt.
Things I used to make it happen
- Soak dates in water of about 20 min.
- Preheat the oven to 320°F (160°C)
- Transfer dates to a food processor or a blender, combine with tahini, and some date soaking water if needed. Blend until a creamy consistency is reached.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a bowl first, then add the date/tahini mixture. Mix very well until all dry ingredients are fully coated.
- Cover the baking sheet with parchment paper and spread granola on an even layer by pressing it down lightly.
- Bake the granola mixture for 40-45 min, stirring every 15 minutes to ensure even baking.
- Set aside to cool. Then brake apart to clusters and transfer to a glass container or a jar. It should good for up to 4 weeks. In my house, it's gone within a week.
What about you?
Have you ever tried to make your own granola?Did you try this recipe? Let me know how it went! Leave a comment below and share a picture of your granola on Instagram with the hashtag @positivepranic #positivepranic , so I can see your beautiful creation 🙂 🙏
Be Alive 🌱,
❤ Love, Julia
hungry for more?
Here is more recipes. Indulge 🙂