That is exactly what happens when Classic Ayurvedic Golden milk meets Old-fashioned rolled oats and basil seeds. These overnight oats make a wholesome healing immunity-boosting anti-inflammatory breakfast loaded with all the necessary nutrients to get you through the day.
watch me do it in this video
I’m using sweet basil seeds for these overnight oats, also known as Sabja seeds; sweet basil seeds were used in Ayurveda for centuries and used in various Indian cuisines. Rich in ALA (Alpha-linolenic acid) they are known for boosting metabolic processes. Sweet basil seeds have a very cooling effect on your body and are great for the need to overcome acidity.
Sweet basil seeds have twice the amount of fiber, potassium, calcium, and iron in comparison with chia seeds. Don’t get me wrong, I love chia seeds and use them a lot in my cooking. But for this particular recipe, I feel like Sweet Basil seeds are a much better fit.
Enjoy the fresh taste of this Golden Milk overnight oatmeal and all the benefits that come with it 🙂
👩🏼🍳 THINGS I USED TO MAKE IT HAPPEN
These links will take you to a different website (like Amazon, etc.). If you purchase things you love using these links, I may receive a tiny commission that helps me to keep this project going at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting the Positive Pranic project.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp basil seeds (sweet basil seeds)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup cashew milk (coconut or any other plant-based milk)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ginger (freshly grated)
- 1 tsp Ceylon cinnamon (powder)
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 In vanilla bean (scraped)
- 1 banana
- almond yougurt
- pomegranate seeds (optional)
- puffed amaranth (optional)
- To a bowl, add old-fashioned rolled oats, salt, basil seeds, cinnamon, honey, and black pepper. Then combine with cashew milk, ginger, turmeric, vanilla, and cardamom.
- Set in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, sweeten it with some honey. You can serve it with caramelized bananas, or top it with some almond yogurt, pomegranate seeds, and puffed amaranth
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days (if fresh milk was used)
What about you?
Did you try any of these recipes?
Let me know how it went in the comments below and share a picture of your overnight oats on Instagram with the hashtag #positivepranic @positivepranic so that I can see your beautiful creation 🙂 🙏
❤ Love, Julia
try it with
move overnight oats
DISCLAIMER: The materials and the information contained on the Positive Pranic website are provided for general and educational purposes only and do not constitute any legal, medical, or other professional advice on any subject matter. None of the information on our videos is a substitute for a diagnosis and treatment by your health professional. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers prior to starting any new diet or treatment and with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, promptly contact your health care provider.
2 thoughts on “Golden Milk Overnight Oats”
Cant wait to try these recipes and explore all of your recipes!
I’m so happy to have you here 💞🙏🏻