That is exactly what happens when Classic Ayurvedic Golden milk meets Old-fashioned rolled oats and basil seeds. These overnight oats make a wholesome healing immunity-boosting anti-inflammatory breakfast loaded with all the necessary nutrients to get you through the day.
watch me do it in this video
I’m using sweet basil seeds for these overnight oats, also known as Sabja seeds; sweet basil seeds were used in Ayurveda for centuries and used in various Indian cuisines. Rich in ALA (Alpha-linolenic acid) they are known for boosting metabolic processes. Sweet basil seeds have a very cooling effect on your body and are great for the need to overcome acidity.
Sweet basil seeds have twice the amount of fiber, potassium, calcium, and iron in comparison with chia seeds. Don’t get me wrong, I love chia seeds and use them a lot in my cooking. But for this particular recipe, I feel like Sweet Basil seeds are a much better fit.
Enjoy the fresh taste of this Golden Milk overnight oatmeal and all the benefits that come with it 🙂
👩🏼🍳 THINGS I USED TO MAKE IT HAPPEN
These links will take you to a different website (like Amazon, etc.). If you purchase things you love using these links, I may receive a tiny commission that helps me to keep this project going at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting the Positive Pranic project.
- 1 banana
- almond yougurt
- pomegranate seeds (optional)
- puffed amaranth (optional)
- To a bowl, add old fashioned rolled oats, salt, basil seeds, cinnamon, and black pepper. Then combine with cashew milk, ginger, turmeric, vanilla, and cardamom.
- Set in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, sweeten it with some honey. You can serve it with caramelized bananas, or top it with some almond yogurt, pomegranate seeds, and puffed amaranth
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days (if fresh milk was used)
What about you?
Did you try any of these recipes?
Let me know how it went in the comments below and share a picture of your overnight oats on Instagram with the hashtag #positivepranic @positivepranic so that I can see your beautiful creation 🙂 🙏
❤ Love, Julia