Carob Tahini overnight oats with basil seeds, figs, and bananas. These overnight oats are so deliciously decadent with a creamy chocolaty taste that it is so easy to mistakenly take this wholesome goodness for dessert.
watch me make it in this video
This recipe is as easy as mixing all of the ingredients at night. That’s it. In the morning you can make it as fancy as you want to, but your overnight oats are good to eat as they are right out of the fridge.
In the morning, I love to enjoy my overnight oats with banana and some figs. There are two ways to do it – the first way is to caramelize figs and bananas; the second is – to enjoy them raw.
You can serve them with almond milk yogurt, but the morning I made this video I ran out of my homemade yogurt (it is very popular in my house, you know 😋 😉), so I made a cashew-vanilla pudding on the fly the night before. That’s what I’m having my overnight oats with this morning.
Now, this is an absolutely optional but utterly delicious topping… I love to make a carob chocolate glaze to go with this overnight oats. This Carob chocolate glaze has only two ingredients – 2 tablespoons of cacao butter and one tablespoon of roasted carob powder. (watch me do it in the video)
Eat with joy; if you used fresh milk, you could keep this oatmeal in the fridge for up to 4 days; this recipe makes 3 servings
PS. I’m using home-made tahini for this recipe.Make it yourself or use your favorite brand.
👩🏼🍳 THINGS I USED TO MAKE IT HAPPEN
These links will take you to a different website (like Amazon, etc.). If you purchase things you love using these links, I may receive a tiny commission that helps me to keep this project going at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting the Positive Pranic project.
flavoring and toppings
- almond yogurt
- 1 banana (roasted or raw)
- 4 figs (roasted or raw)
- almonds (shaved)
- In a bowl, mix rolled oats, basil seeds, roasted carob powder, cinnamon, salt. Incorporate almond milk, tahini, and carob syrup. Combine well and place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, your overnight oats are ready to be enjoyed
Carob Chocolate glaze (optional)
- Add carob powder to the hot melted cacao butter. Stir consistently until it thickens.
raw topping option
- Place overnight oats in a bowl and top it with almond milk yogurt or pudding, chopped bananas, and figs. Drizzle with carob chocolate glaze or carob syrup.
caramelize figs and bananas topping
- Slice bananas into strips and half or quarter the figs (watch me do it in the video)
- Simmer on medium-to-low heat until caramelized. Flip once.Place overnight oatmeal in a bowl, add some almond milk yogurt or pudding, and top with caramelized bananas, figs, drizzle with chocolate glaze.
What about you?
Did you try any of these recipes?
Let me know how it went in the comments below and share a picture of your overnight oats on Instagram with the hashtag #positivepranic @positivepranic so that I can see your beautiful creation 🙂 🙏
❤ Love, Julia